We're still offering evening appointments through to the end of September, so if you can't come during the day then just call and make a time in the next few weeks. As you can imagine, evenings book up pretty quickly so the sooner you call us the better.
The ATO's turnaround time for lodged tax returns has been pretty good, with most of them coming back just on two weeks. However, we recommend allowing three weeks as sometimes they take a little longer.
We appreciate that most people don't find tax time as exciting as we do, but part of our job is to keep you informed, and this year Dean's personal tax newsletter addressed a few issues that you may find of interest including, but not limited to:
- A guide to 2014 tax return preparation charges;
- How the tax-man helps you protect your family;
- New criteria for the net medical expense tax offset;
- A simple explanation of the Medicare Levy Surcharge;
- Changes to the private health insurance rebate;
- The ATO's new stance on claiming travel and overtime meal expenses;
- Buying an investment property.
If you'd like to hear more of what I have to say on the matter, click here for a recording of my most recent "You & Your Money" radio segment on 98.1FM Radio Eastern.