You don’t need an inner-city address, Caren will help you tackle money matters in the ‘burbs, through a better understanding of all the important issues – investing, superannuation, budgeting, tax, insurance, mortgages, gearing, shares, managed funds, small business, food, home, fashion, travel, and much more.

A fun and entertainingly educational forum, specifically designed for Australian “suburbanites".

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gracious in defeat...?


I was chatting away on my radio program one Thursday morning, and happened to mention an ongoing feud between Mick and I, over whether I would change my surname when we (eventually) got married. Those who know Mick will understand why I’d rather keep my much simpler name… Anyway, this sparked one of the other dj’s to initiate an impromptu telephone poll so that listeners could phone in with their votes.

The result was 85% in Mick’s favour…. HMPH!!!!

So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Mick is again resoundingly victorious in our suing the banks debate. Thanks to everyone that voted, and to those that phoned in their vote. A special thanks to Shirley for being the only person to support me other than my dad. I should also give a mention to the extraordinary diplomacy of my faithful assistant Kathryn who decided to go the way of the Swiss….

As such, I graciously admit defeat (grumble, grumble, grumble).

The one point that everyone agreed upon regardless of their position on the class action, was that the bank fees were extremely unreasonable. So if nothing else, at least that’s being addressed, and we’ll see what happens with the court case.

Glad I could get ya thinking!

Talk soon,
C

PS. Steve, you obviously miss the “white line fever”!!

No comments:

Post a Comment